Reports to: Help Desk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F, 40 hrs. per week; within 7am – 7pm timeframe (Some Saturdays)
This position is remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. Return to work date and protocol have not been determined at this time.
Are you an IT professional looking to help people by assisting them with their technical needs? If yes, continue reading! SolvIT, Inc. has an opening for a Help Desk Agent – Level 2 that offers an opportunity for career growth while supporting our customer’s technical needs.
What does the Help Desk Agent – Level 2 do?
The Help Desk Agent – Level 2 is responsible for providing remote assistance with installing applications and software as well as instruction and technical support to aftermarket and dealer personnel.
What you will be doing:
- Provide network support to aftermarket and automotive dealer personnel in a Help Desk environment via phone, email and instant message.
- Assist automotive dealerships with installing hardware and software remotely at various global dealership locations.
- Assist callers with the installation of applications and software that runs the hardware systems.
- These systems will be utilized by hands-on automotive technicians.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network wireless connectivity issues, ensures that ISP, passwords and authorized users are eligible to access based on information provided to the client.
- Utilize a ticket system to document and summarize issues as well as provide solutions.
- Attends meetings, internal training sessions as needed.
- Provides scheduled progress reports to management.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment. At times, projects and client needs require adaptability and agility to adjust work duties.
What makes you qualified:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience, schooling, and/or training in IT particularly with network troubleshooting.
- Experience in a call-center/help desk environment.
- Ability to be ready to work at your assigned start time.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, XP, 2007, Vista, Open Office and Outlook.
- Customer service experience (face to face, by phone, etc.).
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and interface with various cultures and technical knowledge levels.
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Evidence of flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel independently and as a team member in a highly collaborative environment.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Provide/receive feedback to/from various team members.
- Ability to learn ad apply IT technology and concepts.
What makes you an All Star:
- Automotive IT experience.
- Certifications such as A+, CISCO-CCNA, MS Windows, Office, XP, Vista and 2007.
Can you meet these physical demands?
- A set work schedule will be provided, but some flexibility is required as hours may vary due to need.
- Attending training on non-scheduled hours may be required periodically. Advanced notice will be provided.
- Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated and climate-controlled area where normal precautions must be observed.
- Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business may be required to attend off-site meetings, etc; May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level.
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays.
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%.
- Fun and flexible work environment.
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan.