JOB TITLE: Help Desk Agent – Level 1
REPORTS TO: Help Desk Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DAYS/HOURS: 40 hours/week Mon- Fri, between the hours of 7am and 7pm and can include some Saturdays and holidays as needed
LOCATION: Rochester Hills, MI
This position is remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. Return to work date and protocol have not determined at this time.
Are you looking to help people by assisting them with their technical needs? If yes, continue reading! SolvIT, Inc. has an opening for a Help Desk Agent – Level 1 that offers an opportunity for career growth while supporting our customer’s needs.
What does the Help Desk Agent – Level 1 do?
Under direct supervision, a Help Desk Agent – Level 1 is responsible for:
- Answering inbound calls from customers from an automotive diagnostic environment
- Identifying and categorizing customer issues to either provide resolution or escalate to Level 2
- Various ad hoc projects
What you will be doing:
- Utilize a ticket system to document and summarize issues
- Communicate to customer base, coworkers, supervisors both verbally and in writing via phone, email, IM, etc.
- Attends meetings, internal training sessions as needed
- Able to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment. At times, projects and client needs require adaptability and agility to adjust work duties
What makes you qualified:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to be ready to work at your assigned start time
- Reliable, consistent attendance is required
- Ability to navigate a computer
- Ability to type accurately and at a steady pace while talking to customers on phone
- Long term career interest in Information Technology
- Ability to learn and apply IT technology and concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS
- Customer service experience (face-to-face, by phone)
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and interface with diverse client base with variable technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Evidence problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a highly collaborative environment
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment; provide/receive feedback to/from various team members
- Ability to work remotely with a dedicated, professional, low background noise environment with dependable internet service that can accommodate all necessary software applications with no bandwidth/connectivity issues
What makes you an All Star:
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Experience in a call-center/help desk environment
Can you meet these physical demands?
- A set work schedule will be provided, but some flexibility is required as hours may vary due to need.
- Attending training on non-scheduled hours may be required periodically. Advanced notice will be provided.
- Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated and climate-controlled area where normal precautions must be observed.
- Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business may be required to attend off-site meetings, etc; May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be disruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements.
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check.
- Compliance with the federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. federal electronic employment verification system, E-Verify. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan