Reports to: Department Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 40 hrs. per week; M-F between the hours of 8am and 6pm
JOB TITLE: Diagnostic Scan Tool Test Engineer
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DAYS/HOURS: 40 hrs. per week; M-F between the hours of 8am and 6pm
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC - SOME REMOTE AND SOME IN-OFFICE WORK REQUIRED, AS NEEDED
Are you an automotive professional looking for more variety in your everyday work duties? If yes, continue reading! SolvIT, Inc. has an opening for a Diagnostic Scan Tool Test Engineer that offers a diverse skillset and a workday that will never be the same as the next.
What does the Diagnostic Scan Tool Test Engineer do?
The Diagnostic Scan Tool Test Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the validation of automotive diagnostic systems.
What you will be doing:
The Diagnostic Scan Tool Test Engineer will be responsible for performing various validation tasks while utilizing multiple diagnostic applications and tools. The position will involve tasks related to designing, building and maintaining tests used for automated and manual validation. This team member will also be responsible for creating miscellaneous reports that will be provided to upper management.
And if that wasn’t enough:
- Perform initial testing of new software applications
- Execute testing of diagnostic tool software and hardware including functional, stress, usability and security testing
- Perform release validation of software prior to release
- Develop new testing methods/plans to improve quality or maintain accuracy with changes in software
- Write, run and evaluate results of automated tests
- Assistance in root causing issues
- Documentation of issues found and possible improvements
- Validation of issue fixes
What makes you qualified:
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology, Engineering, Software Development or a related technical field
- Strong understanding of modern-day automotive electronics
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Displays professional attitude at all times
- Self-motivated and able to perform tasks without detailed instruction
- Able to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and able to collaborate with others on projects
What makes you an All Star:
- 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Experience in software or automotive realms
- Previous automotive service experience
- Previous programming experience
- Knowledge of OEM and/or aftermarket automotive diagnostic tools
- Interested in computer science and programming languages
Can you meet these physical demands?
- Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated, and heated area where normal precautions must be observed
What kind of a work environment are you getting into?
- Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc.; May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- All selected candidates will be required to sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement.
- Candidates must pass a local/state/federal criminal and employment eligibility background check.
- Authorization to work in the United States as verified through the E-verify System.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan