Reports to: Technical Team Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F, 8am – 5pm, flexible hours, Weekly On-Call Rotations
We are seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious DevOps Cloud Solutions Administrator, who is passionate about cutting-edge distributed computing.
What does the DevOps Cloud Solutions Administrator do?
As part of a team, you will play an integral part in advancing SolvIT’s web hosting eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will live and breathe infrastructure automation, support hybrid cloud solutions, and display a strong understanding of cloud-as-a-service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS.
Creating the next generation of network-centric cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public cloud automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience moving infrastructure to the Cloud!
What you will be doing:
- Plan and lead the deployment of a cloud stack in a production environment
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Chef/Ansible
- Manage cloud application hosting in AWS and traditional VMWare environments
- Adhere to change control processes to ensure quality of work and reduce risk
- Collaborate with customers, vendors and other engineering team members, solving complex business problems together
- Evaluate, architect and build different computer and network frameworks, for all tiers, to support high availability, scalability and performance
- Participate in on-call operations with nightly and weekly rotations
- Perform maintenance on nights and weekends as needed
What makes you qualified:
- Understanding of high availability best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years' experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Perl
- 3+ years' experience with large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high-availability concepts)
- 3+ years' experience with Linux administration and engineering, server automation, and scripting
- 3+ years' experience with web hosting applications, technologies, and protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, SMTP, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience with hosting highly available web applications comprised of the following technologies: (LAMP, MySQL, Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, Tomcat)
What makes you an All-Star:
- AWS Certified
- 2-3 years' experience with Virtualization technologies
- 3+ years’ using deployment management tools such as Chef and Ansible
- 3+ years’ using cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/ECS, RDS, VPC)
- 3+ years’ developing automation workflows and routines, using open source tools (Jenkins)
- 5+ years web hosting and operations experience (Load balancing, auto-scaling, configuration management, RDBMS Systems, HTTP Proxies)
Can you meet these physical demands?
Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated, and heated area where normal precautions must be observed
Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc.; May require early morning, night, weekend, and on-call work assignments; Interaction with customers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be fairly constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level.
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays.
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%.
- Fun and flexible work environment.
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan.